Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Death Cinematic- Epochs Shifting Out of Time

Thus it Begins........This is the first track off the demo from a band keenly titled A Death Cinematic. Thus this musical journey really did begin, for me at least. After only hearing a few tracks of this Myspace band, I asked for a copy of the demo.following a long day of work and stress, I check my mail and find this gem sitting in the box. Go home, rip open the box, and find some of the best demo artwork I have ever seen. A completely surreal scene, a distorted telephone pole against the beautiful sunset sky. All of this pressed on Wooden Cardstock Paper, and completely majestic. Lay down, press play, and slowly melt into the sonic aura of it. A minute into the second track, Ebbing Through the Time of the Elephants, I am at peace, almost content with my surrounding. As the slow distortion contorts my perception of time and reality, bringing back memories of sadness and loss, yet keeping me transfixed. Track 3, completely addicted, I sit and patiently await, pleasantly surprised at the sounds of a sample, which seems to be quivering in sound. This album is laced with Natural Organic sounds, and completely meditative. Writing about it has been such an awkward thing, because it has ignited a feeling that is almost too personal to relate in words. This album has immediately sky-rocketed to one of my favorite for 2007. Overshadowing Sunn O))), Knell, Boris, and even EARTH. My words cannot describe anymore, and I have to let you enjoy by yourself. I plan on adding more when I can formulate the words, and


Part 2:
So I have now listened to this cd, in full, about 10 times. I believe I can get more articulate with my review now. This cd is an astrological journey, it begins with sounds that make you reminisce of your past, and by the time it ends you will be fantasizing about your future. It will make you think of the one you love, the ones you hate, the ones that have harmed you,and the ones you have lost. The name of the band is amazing perfect, as it really describes the music . The music melts into your soul,it picks you apart, and by the time it is over, you are both physically and emotionally drained. An absolutely splendid demo, one that I would have paid hundreds for. Highly recommended for those who love musical art, for those who appreciate talent, and especially for those who are missing something in their lives. This cd will change you.........Thus it never ends

A Death Cinematic:
http://www.myspace.com/adeathcinematic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this album is a real treasure. I listen to way too much lofi atmospheric music, but very few bands provide such a concrete visual statement with such a minimal sonic toolkit.